Monday, November 24, 2008

MK 12 DOES LOCO MOTION

Mc and I finally got to catch a look at the new James Bond film, Quantum of Solace, last Tuesday. I was immediately put into a good mood when I saw that one of my favorite design groups was in charge of the motion graphics for the intro credit sequence. On a side note, I was then taken off my "high" when I realized that Jack White had anything to do with the theme music, again, just a side note. I got introduced to MK 12 in 2002 when my old posse and I were focusing on multimedia projects. Their use of motion that incorporated still images, video, and off the wall ideas was so new and refreshing and I am glad to see that they are still on top of the field. I didnt think I would have anything to show you, but thanks to the wonders of youtube and the blatant Jack Sparrow piracy that most people have come to adopt in their lives, we have a clip...



If you go to their website, you can see shorts that they have produced as well as other projects past, present, and future. My favorite "in house" film they made involved a ninja accompanied by the best song ever, if you look at that film from 2002, you will see a lot similar ideas used in the Bond intro. I dont think that means their work is tired, I think that it means they were so next level, everyone is finally catching up.

No comments: