Sunday, November 16, 2008

Minority Report just turned MAJOR

Thanks to Oblong Industries, we are now able to take virtual control of practically anything and do our best Tom Cruise, post Days of Thunder, gestures and work at the same time. Watching this video, you will instantly be thrown back to the, then inventive, but far fetched, user interface that old Scientology himself used in the film, Minority Report. They call it G-Speak and it is almost an exact replication of the same U.I. from the film. side note Apparently one of Spielberg's science advisors helped in the creation of. I am sure this is years away from having any sort of home use, but the idea that is was actually produced is amazing and very scary.

I think my friend was correct in saying, "We are officially in the future. In most films with a future time period setting, there is either a woman president or a black president..." well, I think we all know where I am going with this. Enjoy!


g-speak overview 1828121108 from john underkoffler on Vimeo.

No comments: