Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Disco Files 1973-1978: New York's Underground, Week by Week

Wax Poetics has been killing it lately with their always amazing coverage of artists and musicians from decades past and current times. There was a bit of a dry slump where I didn't buy every issue, but for some reason I can't get enough as of late. I think as I get older, archival subject matter is so much more important to me. I am sure a lot of you know that I am a huge disco fan. With the most recent email blast from WP, I learned about a new book that covers the birth of disco. Needless to say, I immediately bought it.



Thumbing through the book, I can tell it is well thought out and seeing that Dj History backs it, there is no going wrong. The odd thing about the book is that I called my local bookshop to see if they had by chance (shop local!), and they said it does not release until September.

Dj History
also has a new interview posted on their site with the author of the book, Vince Aletti. Highly recommended, and seems to be rare, so get your hands on it before its gone... or comes out in September?!?!

Buy it at Wax Poetics

:UPDATE:

Bill (Brewster, I am assuming) from Dj History hollered and left a comment about the mix up with the release dates and it's availability. He says it has been available in the UK since early June, and will be released in the US in September. Wax Poetics bought direct from them, and so can you!

Buy it at Dj History: The Disco Files

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, Bill from DJH here. If you are in the USA the book does not come out till September. It's published in the UK where it's been available since the beginning of June. WP bought their copies direct from us. Just to clear up any confusion.

Thanks for the publicity though!
Best,
Bill

Unknown said...

Oh and you can buy direct from us here:
http://www.djhistory.com/books/disco-files
Cheers!
BB