Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The System - Youre in My System

I can't believe that there was a video for this song and I double can't believe that I never knew about it. Let me tell my history with this tune. I first heard this song about 10 or so years ago on San Antonio local community college station, KSYM. There was a house mix show every Saturday night, House Nation, put on by my good friend, but at the time mentor, Leo "Dj Rise" Trujillo. It was a house version of this song that was so deep and still one of my all time favorite house cuts to date. I called in every week requesting certain things and asking for track names just so I can have those same records that Rise was playing. Such a huge figure in what made me me today. Years down the line I get into electro funk and 80s r&b, needless to say this song came back into my life. Chromeo eat your heart out, I know you know the deal... but please tell the kids what to listen to.


No comments: