Sunday, August 31, 2008

James Chance and the Contortions



I knew it was going to be a good trip the minute I landed in New York. I turned my phone off from plane mode and got the message that I did not think would ever happen in my life. My good friend and producer extraordinaire, XXXchange of Spank Rock fame sent me a message that read, "James Chance and the Contortions are playing at Ps one, wanna come?" I immediately made the move for cab that second and got to catch about 20 minutes of their set. Needless to say this was probably a once in a lifetime event for me and I could not have said no. Unfortunately, the cooler than cool crowd just did not know the deal and were not paying attention, but that did not change the thrill that I was getting to see James Chance.

I got some decent photos and video that I will add when I get back home. Until then, here is a new song from the legend that is being produced by members of Liquid Liquid.

James Chance and the Contortions - Incorrigible

No comments: